1. Firstly, in a large kadai, add butter and tej leaf. saute till it turns aromatic.
2. Furthermore, add finely chopped onions and garlic. saute till they turn golden brown.
3. Additionally, add palak leaves. make sure to cut the stem and clean before you use. saute on medium flame for a minute till they shrink in size.
4. Furthermore, allow to cool completely and remove bay leaf.
5. Transfer the mixture to blender and blend to smooth puree adding water as required.
6. Now further transfer the blended puree to the same kadai. also add half cup of milk. add salt and give a good mix.
7. Furthermore, get the puree to boil. add crushed black pepper and sugar. also add corn flour paste and give a quick stir.
8. To prepare corn flour paste, stir 1 tbsp of corn starch with ¼ cup water and make a paste out of it. add it to the soup accordingly. stir again and check the consistency. the more corn starch you add the more thick your soup will be.
9. Then pour the soup in serving bowl and top with fresh cream.
10. Finally, enjoy the piping hot palak soup.