1. Wash and clean 400 gms spinach. blanche the palak / spinach and keep aside.
2. For palak puree, in a pan on high flame add 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil. add half teaspoon asafoetida, 1 tablespoon ginger paste, 3 to 4 chopped green chilies, 1 cup chopped green coriander leaves, half cup pudina / mint leaves, a pinch of nutmeg powder and sauté for a minute.
3. Now add the blanched palak. switch off the flame and mix well. blend the mixture into a smooth paste. palak puree is now prepared. keep aside.
4. For making palak paneer, in a kadai on high flame add 3 to 4 tablespoons of oil. add 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds, 3 to 4 red chilies, 1/2 tsp asafoetida powder, 1 tablespoon ginger paste, sauté for a minute.
5. Add the diced tomatoes, mix well. when the tomatoes turn mushy, add half teaspoon turmeric powder, salt to taste, 1 teaspoon red chilli powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1.5 teaspoon cumin powder, mix well.
6. Cover the kadai with a lid and let it cook for four minutes on low heat.
7. After four minutes, the gravy is now well cooked. add the frozen green peas, and add the palak puree prepared earlier. mix well on a high flame.
8. Add half cup water with little leftover paste mixed with water in the blender. mix well. let it come to a boil.
9. After one minute, after the boil has come, cover with a lid and let it cook for seven minutes on low heat.
10. Palak matter is now well cooked. add 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek powder, 1 teaspoon garam masala, half cup cream. mix well on a high flame.
11. Once again on low heat let it cook for two minutes. after two minutes palak matar is now properly cooked. switch off the flame. palak matar is now ready to be served.