1.Whisk together the yoghurt, gram flour and 3 cups of water till smooth.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds. when the seeds begin to change colour, add the asafoetida and onion and sauté for two minutes.
3. Add the ginger paste and green chilies, and sauté for half a minute.
4. Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and spinach and sauté for two minutes.
5. Add the yoghurt mixture, stir and bring to a boil.
6. Add the salt and sugar, lower the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. serve hot.