1. Remove the stalk and wash the spinach leaves twice with water. drain thoroughly and chop them finely.
2. Boil the chopped spinach leaves with a cup of water in a pan or a wok. check later.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the masala. heat a pan with 2 tbsp of oil and splutter cumin seeds.
4. Further add asafoetida, coriander powder. saute it for a while then add maize flour to it.
5. Add tomato-green chilly-ginger paste to the sautéed masala. stir until oil starts leaving the edges of the masala.
6. Then add red chilly powder and mix it well.
7. Check spinach. now it is cooked through.
8. Add masala into the spinach and mix everything really well.
9. Add salt and ½ cup of water to it and put the lid on and cook it for 6-7 minutes on low-medium flame.
10. After 6-7 minutes, add chopped coriander leaves to it.
11. Spinach is now ready. transfer it to a bowl.
12. Garnish this mouth-watering and nutritious spinach saag with ghee and coriander sprig and serve with chapatti, parantha or rice.