1. Take 450 grams radish and grate them with the help of a food grater. transfer this into a bowl, add 1 teaspoon salt and mix it well. rest the mixture for 15 minutes.
2. Take a pan, add 70 grams gram flour and dry roast for 5 - 7 minutes or until it turns dark brown in color. remove it from heat and keep aside.
3. Take a bowl and place a cloth on it. add the radish mixture in it and squeeze it tightly.
4. Transfer this into a mixing bowl, add the roasted gram flour, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon red chilli, 1/2 teaspoon green chilli, 1 tablespoon coriander leaves and mix it well.
5. Take some mixture in your hands and shape it into a ball.
6. Heat sufficient oil in a heavy skillet and deep fry these until golden brown and crispy. drain it on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
7. Heat 30 milliliters oil in a heavy skillet, add 3 dry red chillies, 2 teaspoons ginger, 2 teaspoon garlic and stir for 2 - 3 minutes.
8. Then, add 180 grams onions and fry till translucent or until it turns golden brown in color.
9. Now, add 140 grams tomato and mix it well. saute for 5 - 7 minutes or until it turns soft and pulpy.
10. Add 350 milliliters water and mix it well. bring it to a boil. remove it from heat and transfer this into a blender. blend it into a puree.
11. Heat 30 milliliters oil in a another heavy skillet, add 2 pods green cardamom, 1 bay leaf and stir well.
12. Then, add the blended puree and mix it well.
13. Add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chilli, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder and mix it well. cook for 3 - 5 minutes on medium heat.
14. Add 150 milliliters water and mix it again. bring it to a boil.
15. Now, add the fried koftas in it and mix it well. cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
16. Add 1 teaspoon garam masala, 2 tablespoons coriander leaves and mix it well. cook for another 3 - 5 minutes on medium heat. remove it from heat. serve.
This recipe serves 2 to 3 people.