1. Cook rice and keep it aside.
2. Roast the masala in a kadai in this order first add chana dal, coriander seeds, red chilli, urad dal, cinnamon, marathi moggu. roasted everything to a golden brown and a nice aroma. turn off flame and let it cool. once it's cooled down grind to a smooth powder.
3. Chop cabbage. heat a kadai add oil, mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal, red chilli, curry leaves and hing and turmeric powder, now add the chopped and washed cabbage add salt and cook it covered. after a few minutes mix it and cook it open until it's cooked.
4. Now add the ground masala, tamarind pulp, grated coconut and a little salt. cook it in low flame for a few mins . turn off flame.
5. In a broad bowl put the cooked rice and sprinkle a tsp oil and mix it gently, now add the cooked masala and mix it gently.
6. Serve hot!! i like it with curd rice or plain curd.