1. Heat ghee in a pan on medium heat. once hot, add the chopped nuts, raisins and dates to the pan.
2. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the nuts are fragrant and turn golden brown. remove the nuts from the pan and set them aside
3. Now to the same pan, add the seviyan (vermicelli) and mix well.
4. Roast the seviyan for around 3 minutes until it starts becoming a light golden brown in color.
5. Next add the milk to the pan and stir. increase heat to medium high and let the milk come to a boil. stir often in between, once the milk comes to a boil, lower the heat to medium and let it boil for around 20 minutes.
6. After 20 minutes, the milk will reduce and thicken slightly, at this point add the fried nuts into the pan and mix.
7. Now add roasted vermicelli in the pan and boil it for 3 mins.
8. Also add the rose water and the cardamom powder and mix.
9. Cook for 2-3 more minutes on medium-low heat and then turn off the heat.
10. Serve sheer khurma warm or chilled.