1. Slit the eggplants with a cross and soak in water. keep aside
2. In a mixer grinder, put chopped onions, tomatoes, peanuts, garlic and all dry masalas except garam masala
3. Grind and make a smooth paste.
4. In a wok, heat oil.
5. Take the eggplants. dab with kitchen towel. fry for a few minutes in the oil. take them out. keep aside.
6. In the same oil, add jeera followed by the masala paste.
7. Cover and cook the masala for 10 minutes or until the oil us separated. keep stirring in between.
8. Once the masala is cooked, add the fried eggplants.
9. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
10. Garnish with garam masala and chopped coriander.
11. Serve hot with phulkas or jeera rice