1. To begin with soak the chana(kabuli or red) overnight.
2. Next day remove the skin of yam and make pieces. wash it in running water.
3. We have used bimbul(tree sorrel) in this recipe. so cook all 3 in pressure cooker for 4-5 whistle.
4. Meanwhile prepare a not so spicy masala of grated coconut along with 4-5 red chillies. if bimbul is not used a small piece of tamarind has to be added while preparing masala.
5. Now after pressure is released add salt to taste and cook for 5min.
6. Then add the masala and a little water from cleaning the mixie. do not add more water as the curry should be thick.
7. Cook well till masala is cooked n combined.
8. Finally a seasoning of mustard seeds and curry leaves preferably in coconut oil has to be added.