1. Boil water in a deep pot. add salt and vinegar to it. put the cauliflower florets in the water and let boil for 3-5 mins. strain it and keep aside.
2. Dry roast the spices mentioned in the ingredients for masala. once they get aromatic, take them off the flame and keep to cool. once cooled, crush them to a semi fine powder.
3. In a bowl, take 1/2 of the crushed masala powder, amchur, red chilli powder, salt and water. mix well. add the boiled and strained cauliflower florets into this spice mix and mx well. leave it in for about 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes, take the cauliflower florets out and keep them aside. in that remaining spice mix, add in both the flours and salt as needed. add in 1/4 cup water first and whisk into a smooth and fluffy batter. add more water if required.
5. Heat oil in a kadai for frying. once the oil is hot, add a tbspn of hot oil in the batter and mix well.
Dip the florets one by one in the batter and deep fry them.
6. Once they are almost fried and batter is cooked, take them out and leave to cool. once cooled, cut them into bite size pieces.
7. Once again put them in hot oil and fry till the cauliflower gets a golden brown colour and becomes crispy. take them out in a strainer. sprinkle some chat masala on top and serve hot with sauce/chutney and a hot cup of tea.
Note: this recipe is for 5-6 people.