1. So for 1 cup of whole wheat flour, 1 cup sugar, 1cup ghee (i used a little over half cup), 2 cups water is required.
2. Firstly dissolve sugar in water by bringing water to a boil stirring continuously.
3. In another pan, dry roast the aata. take it out. now, heat the ghee and roast the aata again in ghee till golden brown runny mixture with no lumps.
4. Now add the sugar water mixture stirring continuously and cook till all the water is absorbed and halwa separates the pan.
5. At this stage, you can add a tablespoon of ghee. also add a teaspoon of cardamon powder.
6. Also, feel free to add dry fruits of your choice.
Note: serves 3 people