1. For caramel syrup melt 1/4 cup sugar in medium flame. stir this throughout the process.
2. Cook the caramel until it turns dark brown, about five minutes. don’t let it boil.
3. Add 1/4 cup of water, cook until syrup dissolves in water.
4. For soaking dry fruits, in a glass jar add dry fruits of your choice. here we are adding 2 tablespoons of cashews, 2 tablespoons of dried cranberries, 2 tablespoons of black raisins, 2 tablespoons of yellow raisins, 2 tablespoons of chopped dates, 2 tablespoons of orange tutti-frutti, 1 tablespoon of dried ginger, 1 tablespoon of prunes, 2 tablespoons of red tutti-frutti, 1 teaspoon of orange zest, half teaspoon of cinnamon, half teaspoon of nutmeg, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of strawberry jam, half cup home-made green wine (dark rum or brandy can be used instead), mix well and soak for minimum 1 day, best if soaked for a month. close the lid of the jar.
5. In a bowl, for 1 cup of soaked dry fruits, add 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and mix it well and keep it aside.
6. For dry ingredients, take one cup of all-purpose flour in a bowl add a pinch of salt, 1 & 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger powder, 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg powder, 1 teaspoon of clove powder, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder, 1/4 teaspoon of shahi jeera, 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder. mix all the dry ingredients together. finally, add 1/3 cup of almond powder, mix well and keep it aside.
7. In a separate bowl take 110 gms of butter at room temperature. beat this with a blender and add 1 teaspoon of ghee.
8. Now add one cup of sugar and stir the mixture well. use the blender to mix these ingredients and form soft dough like structure.
9. Now add two eggs to this and beat it with the blender till the mixture turns fluffy. add 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence and continue beating it.
10. To this add cooled caramel syrup and mix well with the help of a blender. add in dry fruits mixture, and mix with a spatula.
11. Add in the dry ingredients slowly and fold the batter gently. add the dry ingredients in 2 bathches.
12. Add 1 tablespoon of leftover dry fruit soaked syrup (optional). mix it well.
13. Transferred the batter to a greased cake pan.
14. Tap the pan to remove air bubbles.
15. Preheat the oven at 160°c/ 325°f for 15 minutes. bake this at 160°c/325°f for 50 to 55 minutes.
16. Kerala style plum cake is ready!!!