1. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan.
2. Once it is heated add cumin seeds, urad dal / black gram skinned, channa dal / bengal gram and green chilies. fry it until the dals turns golden brown color.
3. Add garlic and tamarind as well. transfer this onto a plate.
4. Now add a tablespoon of oil to the same pan. put the cut broccoli and saute it until it is tender (3 to 4 minutes). then add salt, turn off the heat, and let it cool. do not overcook.
5. Coarse grind this mixture along with fried dals and chillies in a mixer, adding water.
6. Transfer to a bowl and add the seasoning on top.
1. You can use tender stem of brocolli too.
2. You can replace using tamarind with 1 tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
3. Skip using hing / asafoetida for gluten free recipe.