1. Heat 4 tbsp of oil in the kadai.
2. Add 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds, 1/4 tsp of fenugreek seeds, 1 tsp of coriander seeds, 1 tbsp of chana dal, 1 tbsp of urad dal, and 1 tsp of cumin seeds to the hot oil.
3. Roast the masala over low heat till the dal turns brown.
4. Add 50 grams of chopped ginger and fry them till they turn crispy.
5. Add 2 pinch hing and 25 grams of kashmiri red chilli and roast together with ginger pieces.
6. Turn off the flame and grind the masala once cool down.
7. Add roasted spices, 1/2 cup of dashed jaggery, 1/2 cup of tamarind pulp, 1/2 cup of water, 3 tsp of salt, and grind coarsely.
8. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in the kadai.
9. Add 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds, 1/4 tsp of fenugreek seeds, 2-dried red chilies to the hot oil, and roast briefly.
10. Turn off the heat and add 10-12 curry leaves. add tadka to the chutney and mix well.
11. Andhra style ginger pickle is ready to be served.