For the dough
1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
2. Divide the dough into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
For the methi aloo stuffing
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
2. When the seeds crackle, add the fenugreek leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
3. Add the ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chaat masala, salt and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
4. Add the potatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Divide the stuffing into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Roll out one portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
2. Place one portion of the aloo methi stuffing in the centre of the circle, bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
3. Roll out again into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle, using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
4. Heat a non-stick tava / griddle and cook the paratha, using a little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
5. Repeat steps 1 to 4 to make 4 more parathas.
Serve hot with fresh curd or pickle.