1. Take wheat flour in bowl. make hollow pit. take leftover dal out from the fridge, add it to the flour. add salt to adjust the taste of flour. mix well.
2. Add cumin seeds, salt, chopped green chillies, oil. mix dal and prepare dough. add green coriander leaves. add water in small portions and knead soft dough.
3. Once dough is ready, cover and keep the dough aside for 15 to 20 minutes to set. after 20 minutes, grease hands with oil. knead and smoothen the dough.
4. For paratha, break lump from dough. make dough ball, press with hands, coat with dry flour.
5. Roll it round 3 to 4 inch in diameter. grease paratha with oil, spread evenly. fold paratha in half. grease with oil again and fold. coat in dry flour, roll out slightly thick paratha.
6. Tawa is hot. pour oil and grease tawa. put paratha on tawa to roast. flip and roast well until golden brown spots appear. pour a litlle oil on paratha. grease evenly. flip, pour oil and grease other side as well.
7. Keep flame on medium. flip and roast the paratha until golden brown spots appear. once roasted, keep paratha over the bowl on the plate or serve directly.
8. To make square parathas, make sheet same way, keep the diameter 5 to 6 inches. grease with oil.
9. Divide paratha in 3 parts and fold. grease with oil again. divide and fold in 3 parts again. roll square sheet. roast the paratha likewise. keep in plate. turn off flame.
10. Leftover dal paratha is ready to be served. it can be served with curd, chutney or your favorite sabzi.