1. In a thick bottom vessel, add some ghee and when it gets hot, add cashew nuts and raisins.
2. Fry them until the raisins get puffed up and cashew nuts become slightly golden in color.
3. Add oats, freshly grated coconut and mix well. add milk, water and cook until the oats are done.
4. Add sugar, mix and if required add little water to get the desired consistency.
5. Add cardamom powder, mix and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
6. Switch off the flame, dish out the payasam and garnish over with nuts.