1. Take a wide saucepan and add a little oil. add urad dal / black gram skinned, cumin seeds, few cloves of garlic, ginger, green chilli, red chilli and few tamarind bits to the pan.
2. Now, add mint leaves and mix it well.
3. Once the leaves are shrivelled up, add grated coconut and rock salt.
4. Turn off the stove and let the mixture cool.
5. Now, add little water and grind it to a fine paste.
6. For tempering, take a saucepan and add a little oil.
7. Add some urad dal / black gram skinned, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chilli, asafoetida powder and a few curry leaves.
8. Turn off the stove and pour the grounded mint paste into the pan.