1. Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions and garlic. fry till it is brown.
2. Add red chillies, curry leaves, tomato and salt required. fry till tomatoes are mushy.
3. Cool and grind it to a fine paste. keep it ready
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in same pan and pop in mustard seeds, urad dal / black gram skinned, chana dal / bengal gram, curry leaves and roast until it is slightly reddish.
5. Now at this stage, add the ground chutney and a pinch of jaggery. mix well and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Switch off and serve fresh with idli / dosa.