1. In a pressure cooker add raw potatoes and add enough water to submerge the potatoes, pressure cook on high flame for 1 whistle.
2. After 1 whistle switch off the flame and allow the cooker to depressurize naturally to open the lid.
3. Cool down and peel the potatoes, cut the potatoes into half or quarters.
4. In a mixing bowl, add mustard oil, ginger garlic paste, all the powdered spices, hung curd and roasted besan, mix well.
5. Add the boiled potatoes, onion petals, deseeded tomatoes and capsicum, mix and coat the potatoes well with the marinade.
6. Place live charcoal and pour few drops of ghee. cover and smoke the potatoes for 2-3 minutes. rest it for 30 minutes after the smoke.
7. Skew the potatoes and the veggies in the skewers.
8. Heat ghee in a pan and cook the potatoes from all sides until crisp and golden brown.
9. Serve hot with green chutney and thinly sliced onions.
This recipe serves 4 people.