1. Make a fine paste from tomato, green chillies and ginger.
2. Heat some oil in a pan. when the oil is hot, add cumin seeds. after the cumin seeds crackle add asafoetida, turmeric powder and coriander powder. saute the masala for a while.
3. Then add tomato-ginger-green chilli paste, red chilli powder. now sauté the masala on medium flame until you see oil leaving the edges of masala.
4. Then add green chickpeas and salt in roasted masala and stir to mix well.
5. Next add ½ cup water, cover and let it simmer for 5 minutes on low-medium flame. cook until it gets soft and check at regular intervals. within 10 to 12 minutes the chickpeas get cooked.
6. Break the boiled potatoes with your hands and add it the sabzi, followed by garam masala. add 1 cup more water, green coriander leaves, cover and let it simmer for 4 to 5 more minutes on medium flame.
7. Sabzi is done and ready, transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish with some coriander sprigs. serve these delectable green chickpeas-potatoes curry with chapatti, parantha, naan or rice and relish eating.
1. This sabzi is prepared with fresh green chickpeas. you can also use dry chickpeas.
2. Soak the green chickpeas in water for 8 to 10 minutes and pressure cook them. this is another way to make the sabzi.
3. This recipe serves 4 people.