1. Add oil and ghee to a wide pan.
2. To this add jeera /cumin seeds, green chillies and ginger. saute for a few seconds.
3. Next, add salt, turmeric powder, roasted cumin powder and amchur / dry mango powder.
4. Blend coriander seeds and dried red chillies coarsely.
5.. Add this freshly ground coriander / red chilli powder to the pan. saute the masala for few mins on low flame.
6. Now add cooked, peeled, chopped potatoes to this masala. saute the potatoes so that they are completely coated with the masala. cover the pan and cook for 10 mins.
7. Finally jeera aloo is ready.