1. Wash and cut the lady's finger into 1 to 2-inch sized pieces.
2. Add some oil in a pan and saute the lady's finger pieces till they turn brown in color and keep it aside.
3. In the same kadai, add cumin seeds, red chillies, hing / asafoetida powder, curry leaves and fry them.
4. Add onions and saute them till they turn golden brown in color.
5. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute. add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves, salt, gram flour / besan and saute them for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add whisked curd and cook on low flame for 5 minutes. add water and let it boil.
7. Add the fried lady's finger pieces, garam masala and mix well. close and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
8. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it hot with roti or steamed rice.