1. Rinse the lady's finger in water and dry it completely before cutting them.
2. Cut the lady's finger to 2 inch pieces and keep aside.
3. To a mixer jar, add tomatoes and grind them to a smooth puree.
4. Grind this to a smooth paste and keep this aside.
5. Heat some oil in a kadai and fry the lady's finger and keep them aside.
6. Add some more oil to the same pan and add the whole spices.
7. Add the chopped onions, ginger, garlic, green chilies and saute them.
8. Add the ground paste and cook.
9. Add the spice powders and saute them well till oil is separated on the sides.
10. Add water and cook the gravy.
11. Add salt and the fried lady's finger pieces.
12. Cook the gravy well.
13. Finally add kasuri methi and coriander leaves and turn off the stove.
14. Serve the gravy hot with some rotis