1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. add the cumin seeds. when they begin to change colour, add the onion, garlic and green chilies and sauté for a minute.
2. Add the turmeric powder, fenugreek leaves, salt to taste and cook for five minutes.
3. Add the green gram, dissolved gram flour and mix well. add half cup water and bring to a boil.
4. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes on low heat or till the green gram is cooked. drizzle the pure ghee and add lemon juice. mix well.
5. Serve hot with rice or rotis.