1. Peel and cut arbi into medium size pieces. boil them in water and keep them aside.
2. Heat some oil to pan. add 3 dry red chillies, 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds, 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 tsp methi / fenugreek seeds, and onions. saute till onions become brown.
3. Add salt to taste, hing / asafoetida, some green chillies, some curry leaves (important for this dish).
4. Also add turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, some tamarind juice. (add little first and taste to add as much as u like).
5. Next, add some water, coriander powder, chilli powder, coconut paste and poppy seed paste.
6. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. when froth disappears pulusu is ready.
7. Add little sugar, the arbi pieces and add little water. cover the arbi and cook till arbi thickens the sauce later.
1. If you are eating it after 1 hour, you can leave it a little less thick.
2. Taste sauce and add salt, sugar as per your taste. this is important to get the best taste.
3. Eating it after 30 minutes makes it taste better.