1. Take a pan, put some water, salt and alkaline salt / papad khar in it and then keep the water to boil.
2. Crush some black pepper coarsely and sieve it. use the coarsely ground part of black pepper for making papads and you can use powdered black pepper for some other purpose.
3. Sieve the urad dal flour. in it, add some cumin seeds, coarsely ground black pepper and baking soda. put some hing / asafoetida in the pan with water. then bind the dough tightly by adding water in it.
4. Apply some oil on the dough and make it smooth. divide the dough in parts and put them in polythene for rest.
5. Take out a part from the polythene, apply some oil on the rolling board then put the part on the rolling board and beat it with the rolling pin. make the dough smooth by stretching it. then make a roll of it and cut it in small pieces.
6. Then put the pieces in the polythene. take out a piece, apply some oil on it and roll it very thin.
7. Put the rolled papad on a cotton cloth and in this way, roll all the papads and keep them in the sunlight for some time to make them dry.
1. You can also make papads only by adding cumin seeds in them.
2. You can enjoy the papads for long time by keeping them in polythene or in a zip lock packets.
3. From 250 grams of flour, 20-22 papads will get ready.
4. You can fry the papads in the pan or you can roast them on a tawa or you can cook it directly on the flame.