1. Finely chop the ladies fingers to small pieces.
2. In a kadhai, heat 1 tbsp oil and add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and let them splutter.
3. Then add 1 tsp chana dal / bengal gram, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds and 2 dried red chillies.
4. Further add 2 green chillies chopped and 5 chopped garlic pods. saute all this for 2 minutes.
5. Now add 1 chopped onion and saute for 3 minutes.
6. Add the chopped lady fingers and saute for about 7 minutes. add some turmeric powder and salt to taste. saute this for another 5 minutes.
7. Add some curry leaves and 1/2 cup grated coconut. mix this well and saute for 5 minutes.
8. Now add 1/2 tsp red chilli powder and saute for 7 minutes and turn off the flame. vendakkai poriyal is ready!!!