1. Dry roast the whole red chillies for 2-3 minutes, dry roast the other whole spices until their aromas are released.
2. Add the roasted whole spices along with roasted whole red chillies in a blending jar, add garlic, ginger and tamarind water, grind into a fine paste, adjust the consistency by adding little water.
3. Heat ghee in a pan, shallow fry the paneer from all sides until golden brown.
4. Heat the ghee in a wok, use the same ghee used for frying paneer, fry the chopped onions until they are translucent.
5. Add the freshly prepared masala paste, stir and cook on low flame for 1-2 minutes, add curd and keep stirring continuously.
6. Increase the flame and cook until ghee is released. add salt, sugar / jaggery to balance the taste, you can skip if u do not prefer sweet.
7. Cook of another 2-3 minutes, add the fried paneer cubes, curry leaves. coat the paneer with the masala and cook further 3-4 minutes.
8. Serve hot.