1. Boil the eggs for 10 minutes with 1 tsp of salt. peel and make shallow slits on the sides. set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds. add the fennel seeds, ginger, garlic, onions, green chillies, curry leaves and ½ tsp salt.
3. Saute and cook on medium heat until the onions turn golden brown.
4. Add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder and black pepper powder. saute and cook for 4 minutes, or until the raw smell of the spices disappear. if it gets too dry, add 1 tbsp more of oil.
5. Add the tomatoes and garam masala, saute and cook for 5 more minutes.
6. Add the coconut milk and cook for a further 3 minutes.
7. Add the eggs, mix gently to coat the eggs with the onions. turn off the heat, cover and let sit for 3 minutes.
Cooking the onions on medium flame until it has browned allows the natural sugars in the onions to slowly caramelize, thus resulting in a rich and flavourful dish. this step takes 20-25 minutes, but the slow cooking/roasting process is what makes the dish so tasty.