1. Take a large bowl and place the chicken in it. add turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, ginger garlic paste, curd and lemon juice.
2. Mix everything together till the chicken is fully covered in the marination. let it marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes and a maximum of 2 hours.
3. Take a pan and add some oil, add the gongura leaves. close and cook it till the leaves wilt.
4. Add slit green chilies and stir well.
5. Cool the leaves and grind them into a fine paste.
6. To cook the chicken, take a wide pan. add some oil, the whole spices, cumin seeds, and fennel seeds.
7. Let the spices roast in the hot oil. add the finely sliced onions and green chilies.
8. After the onions come to a golden color, add the ginger garlic paste and finely chopped tomatoes.
9. Stir them and add turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, salt to taste, coriander powder and saute them.
10. Add the marinated chicken pieces, water, and curry leaves and let it cook.
11. After the chicken is cooked, add the gongura paste, salt. close and cook them till the flavors combine together.
12. Your gongura chicken is ready. serve it hot with steamed rice and a dollop of ghee, or you can serve it with chapati or dosa.