1. Trim of the tip and peel it as shown in the video, cut into 2-inch-long stick and peel of its outer layer, it’ll come out by it own the moment you cut it, or just follow the step shown in the video.
2. Wash the drumstick thoroughly with water.
3. Set a water to boil in a stock pot or wok, add salt to taste and turmeric powder, mix and add the washed drumstick and boil it for 3-4 minutes.
4. Set a deep pan or wok on medium heat, add ghee + oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, kalonji, dry red chillies and freshly chopped coriander stem, sauté it for a minute.
5. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté it for a minute.
6. Add onions and cook until its translucent, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder, mix well and cook for a minute.
7. Add the raw potatoes, salt to taste and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes, add a splash of water and cover and cook them until tomatoes are mushy, do stir in intervals.
9. Add the boiled drum stick along with 1 cup of boiled water used while boiling drumsticks, adjust the seasoning by adding salt and bring it to boil, further cover & cook for 6-7 minutes or until the potatoes & drumsticks are completely cooked.
10. Add garam masala and freshly chopped coriander leaves, mix and cook for last 1 minute, your drumstick aloo sabji is ready to be served, serve hot with roti or paratha of your choice.