1. Using a knife, peel off the skin of 2 karelas / bitter gourd. keep collecting the peeled off skin of karela into a bowl.
2. Squeeze out the juice of karela peels using a strainer and collect the squeezed out skin seperately in a bowl.
3. Marinate it with 1 tsp salt. this will help in removing bitterness from the skin. mix it well and refrigrate overnight.
4. Next day, rinse the skin thoroughly 2-3 times. squeeze out the extra water using a strainer. the mixture is ready!
5. In the karela peels, add 1 medium sized chopped onion, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder. mix well.
6. Take a medium wholemeal dough. roll it to form a ball. apply some water and put one side of the rolled ball on the mixture. with damp fingers, flatten the dough a bit. this will help the karela mixture to stick to the dough.
7. Heat a flat pan, sprinkle some oil. put the bread on pan and further flatten it with the help of damp fingers.
8. Apply little oil on the bread. roast from both sides evenly.
This recipe makes 4-5 paranthas.