1. Remove the upper skin of beetroot using peeler and grate the beetroot.
2. Soak moong daal for around 30 min .
3. Chop some onions if you would like to use onions but it really adds taste to the curry.
4. Chop green chillies.
5. Heat oil in a pan. add musturd seeds, cumin seeds. add hing if you would like. now add green chillies and onions and cook it till it is light brown. add grated beetroot and cook it for sometime. add moong daal. if required add water, else fry it in oil itself.
6. Fry till moong daal is cooked properly and if needed add water.
7. Add salt, chilli powder , cumin powder, sesame seed powder, coriander powder and fry till all the moisture is gone.