1. Firstly, add salt and turmeric powder to the bitter gourd and add a little water and mix it well. let it sit for 15 minutes.
2. Heat a pan with some oil, add mustard seeds, chana dal / bengal gram, urad dal / black gram skinned, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and red chillies.
3. After the mustard seeds crackle, add chopped onions, green chillies, garlic and saute them.
4. Add tomatoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and add the bitter gourd.
5. Close and cook the vegetable for about 10 minutes.
6. Add tamarind puree, water and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
7. After the curry is cooked, add powdered jaggery and cook it for about 2 minutes.
8. Finally, garnish it with curry leaves and serve it hot with steamed rice and papad.