1. Wash + soak moong dal and raw rice for 6 hours. drain & keep aside.
2. Wash the taro leaves & cut the stems completely
3. Roast the red chillies + coriander seeds + jeera seeds + methi seeds.
4. Prepare a masala paste with the above roasted ingredients + grated coconut + tamarind + drained moong dal & raw rice + hing + turmeric powder.
5. Spread one taro leaf on a flat surface with dark green side down. apply the masala paste and spread another leaf.
6. Repeat this process with 6 leaves and then slowly roll packing the sides inside.
7. Heat a steamer and steam these rolls finally for 20 to 30 minutes.
8. Remove from the steamer, cut the rolls into small pieces & serve.
Note: this recipe is for 2 patrode rolls