Marinating the meat
1. Mix all the ingredients & refrigerate it for minimum 12 hours.
Frying the onions
2. Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a pan.
3. Add the thinly sliced onions and saute till its crispy & brown.
Cook the rice
4. Soak the basmati rice in water for 30 minutes.
5. Boil the water & add soaked rice along with salt and half cook the rice.
Cooking the dum biryani
6. Heat the pot with 1 tbsp of oil & 3 tbsp of ghee.
7. Add the whole spices namely cinnamon, cloves, cardamom & bay leaf.
8. Gently drop the marinated mutton pieces. cook for about 5 minutes & turn off the stove.
9. Add few coriander leaves & few mint leaves.
10. Next layer it with half cooked rice & saffron milk.
11. Add the remaining rice & saffron milk.
12. Add few coriander leaves, few mint leaves & fried onions.
13. Close the pot & seal it with chapati dough.
14. Keep the tawa on the flame & place the pot on it.
15. Keep it in dum for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
16. Dum biryani is ready, remove the seal.
17. Garnish it with fried onions & place the egg over the hyderabadi dum biryani.