1. In a pan, dry roast all the ingredients except cashew nuts until aromatic. add cashew nuts and water. grind into a fine paste.
2. Heat oil in another pan and add the onion, dried red chillies and curry leaves. saute until the onion starts to brown.
3. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for 1 minute.
4. Add the previously prepared spice mix and cook for a few minutes until the oil starts to separate from the sides.
5. Add the spice powders and salt.
6. Add the chicken and saute for 5 minutes. cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
7. Add the coriander leaves. mix and turn off the heat.
1. Guntur chillies are used for this dish. they give the signature taste and spice to the chicken.