1. Soak the shallots in water for around 30 minutes so that it’s easier to peel the skin.
2. Dry roast all the items for the chettinad masala powder in a pan on low heat for around 3 minutes. remove onto a plate and allow it to cool. grind it into a fine powder and set aside.
3. Slice the green chillies and chop the coriander leaves.
4. Heat oil in a wok or kadhai and add the shallots. fry the shallots for 3 minutes on medium heat till they are little soft.
5. Now add the green chillies and curry leaves. continue to fry on medium heat for 2 minutes.
6. Add the crushed ginger and garlic, give a mix and continue to fry on medium heat for 2 minutes.
7. Now add the chicken pieces and the turmeric powder. give a mix and fry on high heat for 2-3 minutes till the chicken is browned.
8. Now add salt, give a mix and cover & cook on low heat for 15 minutes. remove the lid 1-2 times in between and give a stir.
9. After 15 minutes, remove the lid and add the chettinad masala powder. mix well and continue frying on low heat for around 5 minutes.
10. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.