1. Wash 1/2 cup rice (i used sona masuri) and half cup moong dal.
2. Take a pan add 3 tsp oil. add mustard seeds and 1/4 tsp jeera. once spluttered add curry leaves, a small piece of finely chopped ginger and 3 finely cut green chilli. add 1/2 tsp turmeric.
3. Then add rice and dal. mix everything well.
4. Add sufficient water to cook the mixture (3/4th of the pan ). it will take 15-20min to cook. keep the gas on medium flame and also add salt to taste. once it is cooked completely top it with freshly grated coconut.
5. While serving add lemon juice and enjoy 🤗