1. Heat 2 tsp of clarified butter/ghee, fry 2 tsp each of cashew nuts & raisins for 2 minutes. keep it aside.
2. In the same pan, add little ghee (if required) and roast 1 cup of vermicelli on a low flame, till it turns light brownish in colour for 3-4 minutes.
3. Meanwhile in another heavy bottom pan, boil 4 cups of milk.
4. Once the milk starts to bubble, pour it over the pan in which vermicelli are being roasted.
5. Add 1 bay leaf and 1/2 tsp cardamom powder, stir it well on a low flame for about 6-7 minutes.
6. Simultaneously add 3/4 to 1 cup of sugar in another pan and melt the sugar, keep stirring it on a low flame. once the sugar dissolves completely and turns out golden brownish in colour, pour it over the pan where vermicelli & milk are being cooked.
7. Now add the fried cashew nuts & raisins, add some chopped almonds (optional) and cook it for another 3-4 minutes and it's ready.
8. Garnish it with some chopped almonds, pista and cherry and enjoy.
Note: serves 4