1. Cook rice to the right texture. sprinkle a little oil and keep it aside
2. Grind the ingredients under grind section to a smooth paste.
3. Heat a kadai add oil, add mustard seeds, let it splutter.
4. Now add chana dal and after a min add urad dal let it turn golden. now add red chilli, curry leaves, hing and turmeric powder. give it a mix and add the chopped onions saute it until it turns slightly brown, now add the ground masala, salt and mix well.
5. Saute it until the color changes and the raw smell goes away. now turn off flame and mix it with the rice. give it a gently mix such that the rice doesn't break.
6. Serve it with curd or plain .