1. Take 1 cup split skinless green gram / dhuli moong dal in a large bowl. add water and soak for 3-4 hours.
2. Drain the soaked gram and transfer into blender jar. add 2-3 slit green chillies, 1 inch roughly chopped ginger, 1/2 tsp carom seeds / ajwain, and a little water. blend to a coarse paste and transfer into another bowl.
3. In the same bowl, add remaining 1/4 tsp carom seeds / ajwain, salt to taste, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 3 tbsp rice flour and 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves. mix well.
4. Add a pinch of baking soda into the prepared mixture, mix well.
5. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai, drop in small portions of the batter into it and deep fry till golden brown and crisp. drain on an absorbent paper.
6. Serve hot with green chutney and lasoon chutney.