1. Take a few cabbage leaves and cut off the center thick stalk.
2. Roll up the cabbage leaves together and cut it up. make sure they are not too thin.
3. Add these cut up cabbage in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp chilli powder, salt to taste, 1 tsp ajwain / carom seeds, 2 cups gram flour / besan and mix all the ingredients together.
5. Gradually add a little water and mix well.
6. Meanwhile, heat some oil in a pan.
7. Drop these coated pieces of cabbage into the oil.
8. Deep fry it until it is a crisp golden brown colour.
9. Now, carefully remove the pakora’s from the pan, draining all the oil.
1. Use a few sheets of newspaper and cover the pakora’s completely in it from top and bottom. now, dab gently to remove the excess oil.
2. Pakora’s are best served as a snack item during tea time. serve hot and with ketchup or some chutney for the best taste.