1. Carefully slice the corn kernels using a sharp knife. separate the kernels using your fingers and transfer into a large bowl.
2. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai, meanwhile roughly chop 2 small onions and chop coriander leaves. transfer both into the same bowl. mix well.
3. Add 1/2 cup tata sampann fine besan, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, salt to taste, 1/4 tsp ajwain / carom seeds and a pinch of baking soda. add 3-4 tbsp water and mix well.
4. Drop in small portions of the prepared mixture into the hot oil and deep fry till golden brown and crisp. drain on absorbent paper.
5. Serve hot with tomato ketchup and green chutney.