1. Wash 2 tbsp rice and 2 tbsp moong dal / yellow split gram together. soak it in warm water for 20 minutes.
2. Heat a pressure cooker with 2 tsp of ghee. add 1/4 tsp cumin seeds and let it splutter. then add 1 clove of chopped garlic. saute for a minute.
3. Now add 1/4 cup grated carrot and fry them for a minute.
4. At this stage, add in 1/8 tsp turmeric powder and salt to taste (for babies above one year).
5. Then add soaked rice and moong dal. mix well and give a quick stir.
6. Add one cup of water and mix well. then close the lid of pressure cooker and cook everything on a medium flame for three to four whistles.
7. Once the pressure releases, open the cooker, mash it well with a masher until soft.
8. Add in few drops of ghee, mix and serve. you can also grind in the blender if you prefer.