1. Wash 1 cup of broken wheat / dalia and pressure cook it for 3 whistles with 2 cups of water, pinch of salt and 1/4 tsp red chilli powder. keep it aside.
2. Soak 1/2 cup kidney beans / rajma overnight or for 7-8 hours and pressure cook it with little salt, until it is cooked completely. keep it aside.
3. Boil 1/4 cup of sweet corn, drain out the water and in a hot pan roast it for 4-5 minutes. keep it aside. blanch 8-9 spinach leaves / palak for 3-4 minutes in a hot water, drain the water and keep it aside.
4. For the dressing, in a bowl add 1 cup juice of sweet lime / mosambi, 1- 1.5 tsp honey, 1 tsp mustard powder, 1.5 tsp black pepper powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp chilli flakes, 1 tsp oregano, salt to taste and mix everything well. dressing is ready, keep it aside.
5. In a mixing bowl, add the boiled broken wheat / dalia, add the boiled kidney beans / rajma, boiled and roasted sweet corn and blanched spinach leaves / palak.
6. Add 1 cup chopped mangoes, 1/2 cup chopped onions and 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes cut into small pieces.
7. Add the prepared dressing, chopped coriander leaves, gently mix everything well.
8. Check the seasoning, add some salt and red chilli powder if needed.
9. Lastly drizzle some olive oil and again gently mix everything well and its ready. serve it immediately.
1. Adjust the quantity of honey based on how sweet your sweet lime / mosambi is.
2. Make sure your mangoes are sweet, check the seasoning of the dressing, add or reduce the quantity of salt, red chilli powder as per your preference.
3. If you don't have mustard powder, just crush some mustard seeds.
4. The addition of olive oil in the end is optional.
5. This recipe serves 2