1. Boil two potatoes and cut them into small cubes. keep it aside.
2. Soak around 5-6 tsp of brown chickpeas / kala chana overnight. boil around 1/4 cup of overnight soaked dried yellow peas / safed vatana (i used the dried green peas as i could not find the safed vatana).
3. In a mixing bowl, add the boiled potatoes, boiled dried yellow peas, soaked kala chana, 3-4 tsp of tamarind pulp, 2-3 crushed green chilies, 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander leaves, 1 tsp red chilli flakes or red chilli powder, 2 tsp lemon juice, salt to taste, some rock salt, 2 heaped tsp of bhaja moshla, 7-8 crushed sukha papdis. gently mix everything well without completely mashing the potatoes and it's done.
Recipe of bhaja moshla
4. In a pan dry roast 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp fennel seeds, 1 green cardamom and grind coarsely.
1. For making tamarind pulp, soak 4-5 ripe tamarind in 1 cup of warm water for 10-15 minutes, extract its pulp.
2. You can increase or reduce the quantity of seasoning, tamarind pulp & lemon juice as per your taste.
3. You can purchase ready made sukha papdis that we use for making pani puris.
4. This recipe serves 2 people.