1. Begin by cutting 9-10 white bread slices into small squares, including the brown crusts on the sides. take these cut bread cubes in a large bowl.
2. Slowly add 1 cup water little by little, enough to wet all the bread cubes. mash some bread with your hand to make sure they are soaked and turned soft.
3. Heat 3 tbsp ghee in wok and transfer these soaked bread slices into it. mix well to make sure ghee gets coated on all the bread cubes.
4. Stir well and allow the bread to cook for about 15-20 minutes on a medium flame. they should turn light golden in color and also ensure that bread does not stick to the bottom of the wok.
5. Once bread gets half done, add 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar and mix well. cook again for 15-20 minutes till now we get a darker golden color. keep stirring from time to time.
6. Add 2 tsp finely chopped almonds, 2 tsp melon seeds and 1 tbsp cardamom powder. cover and cook for 5-7 minutes.
7. Switch off the flame. garnish with saffron strands. serve hot.
This recipe yields 4 servings.