1. Add 250 gms chicken with bone and 3 cups water in a pressure cooker. cook for 3 whistles on medium heat.
2. In a pot, add oil, 1/4 inch finely chopped ginger, 5-6 finely chopped garlic, 1 small finely chopped onion and sauté.
3. Separate the chicken from the bone and shred.
4. Add the chicken and broth to the pot with 2 cups water.
5. Add 1/2 tsp miso, 1/2 tbsp sempio soy sauce and simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
6. Add a pinch sugar, salt to taste, 1 tsp cornflour dissolved in 2 tbsp water and stir.
7. Simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
8. Add 1 cup chopped spring onions. serve hot.